That said, there are signs Twitter is moving forward with its monetization plans with plans to hire a product manager. The key words in the product description are “revenue generation”, which suggests Twitter is serious about finally making money (Note: Tongue firmly in cheek!)
Here’s the job description for anyone interested in applying:
About this Job
As Twitter’s first product manager focused on revenue generation, you will play a defining role in the formulation of Twitter’s business. Your job will be to lead the definition and execution of the products and features that will lead to monetization of the Twitter platform.
* Define products and feature sets of commercial-oriented Twitter applications
* Manage the prioritization and development of new products and features
* Work closely with engineering to develop product functionality
* Work closely with customer support to solve issues and maximize user satisfaction
* Do customer research to inform product decisions * Create detailed cost and revenue models
* Define product positioning and marketing plans
* Analyze and report product success
If you were hired as Twitter’s product manager, what would you suggest in terms of revenue generation? What services would use charge people to use?
For more, check out TechCrunch.
Technorati Tags: twitter